Got a product that you’re not too sure about on whether or not you need to go the extra mile and get approval on?
With selling any product you need to be aware of the precautions you must take in order to abide with the law. The FDA (Food and Drug Administration covers what we feel like would be the widest range of products that qualify for approval before you’ve even marketed and released your product for sale. Lets have a look shall we?
8 product categories to get FDA approved
- DRUGS AND BIOLOGICS Definition: A biologic drug (biologics) is a product that is produced from living organisms or contain components of living organisms According to the FDA, the product’s benefits must outweigh any risks related to its intended use
- ANIMAL DRUGS AND FOOD ADDITIVES Added to animal food, which includes pet products, products designed for poultry, and livestock.
- MEDICAL DEVICES Approval depends on the risk classification of the device or instrument. Separated by III Classes
- HUMAN TISSUES AND CELLS ( FOR USE IN HUMANS ) Such as corneas, skin and bone that can transmit infectious diseases are regulated. They must be preapproved prior to marketing if they pose risks other than the transmission of disease
- FOOD INGREDIENTS AND ADDITIVES Such as preservatives and texturizers must be proven to be safe. Additives are also anything in the packaging, such as paper, adhesive or the plastic, that can intentionally or unintentionally come into contact with the food.
- COLOR ADDITIVES Which are used in any FDA-regulated products, which include drugs, food, dietary supplements, and cosmetics.
- Electronic Products that give off radiation, including: Such as microwave ovens, x-ray equipment, laser products, ultrasonic therapy equipment, mercury vapor lamps and sunlamps
- Tobacco Products, including: cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, roll-your-own tobacco ,smokeless tobacco
At Terrestrial, we offer a range of services from logistics to the USA and consulting on FDA Approval and E-commerce.
Contact us at
TERRESTRIAL CO. LTD.
95 Moo.10 T.Ban Waen A.Hang Dong
Chiang Mai, Thailand 50230
TEL : (+66)052 082 810 , 090-212-0234 (Thai), 093-046-4649 (English)